Monash Short Courses prides itself on delivering high quality training focused on improving personal development, practical working skills and business skills.
As a Registered Training Organisation we cater for everyone, offering a range of Online, Short Courses, and Nationally Recognised Qualifications. We are located at Monash University Clayton Campus, close to public transport and all amenities
Competitively priced, with government Funding available to approved applicants, our course fees include all learning materials with no hidden costs.
If you are looking at studying in the comfort of your own home, check out some of our online courses. We have hundreds of unique and informative courses that will complement your knowledge base.
Short Courses includes a team of 6 office staff as well as over 30 specialist tutors who have industry knowledge and teaching over two semesters each year.
Our team aims to work together in order to guarantee customer satisfaction and a positive learning environment for all.
Need more information about vocational training in Victoria? Check out the Victorian Skills Gateway.
The Department of Professional Development is a newly established area at Monash Short Courses Centre, Monash University (Clayton).
We work closely with educational providers, government agencies, community groups and industry professionals to provide our students with the greatest training opportunities and vocational advantages.
We have a range of relevant industry and nationally recognised courses to meet your workplace needs. In addition we specialise in customised or tailored programs which can be built around a specific Training Needs Analysis.
Appeals and Complaints
Monash Student Association is committed to providing a work and study environment that is safe, fair and free from discrimination. Should you wish to make an appeal or complaint please view this procedure: appeals-and-complaints-procedures-v9-2
Our courses are open to everyone. It is not necessary to be a Monash student or staff member.
Age restrictions may apply to some courses. We encourage those with disabilities to enrol.
To enrol select a course via the courses navigation or the icons top right, then click enrol.
If you would like to send an expression of interest to the centre regarding a course you haven’t seen please click here.
How to Enrol into Nationally Recognised Courses (Certificate & Diploma level)
1. Enrolment forms can be downloaded on the course page you are interested in or enquiries can be made through our office who will then send out an enrolment form.
2. Before you come in, make sure you have read and understood all the information in The Student Information Handbook (Downloaded here: Student Information Handbook) and in the course information booklet and ensure you meet the pre-requisites or other conditions of enrolment.
3. Complete enrolment form at home.
4. Create a USI (Unique Student Identifier) through www.usi.gov.au. Make sure you bring your USi number with you on enrolment.
4. To submit your enrolment, YOU need to bring it into Monash Short Courses Centre, Level 1, Room 159, Campus Centre, Monash University Clayton. NO enrolments will be accepted via email or post (This process will take up to 30mins, please allow time for this).
5. When you come into Monash Short Courses Centre, please bring ORIGINALS of the following with you:
– Your completed enrolment form
– Driver License
– Medicare Card or;
– A current passport (Australian or New Zealand) or;
– Birth Certificate or;
– Naturalization certificate or;
– Formal documentation issued by the Australian Department of Immigration and Citizenship confirming permanent residence
– Any enrolment paperwork that is required for the course you wish to enrol into
– Credit card Detail if you wish to make part payments
– Any relevant concession cards, pension cards etc.
6. While your enrolment is being processed you will be required to complete a pre-training review and language, literacy and numeracy assessment. This must be done in person and completed by you, any such assessments not completed in the presence of a staff member will not be accepted.
7. Discuss government funding, concessions or payment plans with staff and make appropriate arrangements for the payment of fees.
Mon to Thu: 9am – 5pm | Friday: 9am – 3pm | Saturday: 10am – 12pm
Please note we will be closed on public holidays.