The Monash Short Courses Centre is a service provided by the Monash Student Association. Our courses are open to all, not just to Monash students and staff.
Since 1969, we have been providing high quality, low cost short courses in a range of interest areas, including computer training, languages, art and crafts, music and dance, health and wellbeing, food and wine, vocational and business skills, personal development, and practical skills.
In 2004 the Centre became a Registered Training Organisation (RTO) and as such has commenced offering nationally accredited training.
The Centre employs a full-time manager and three full time administrative and promotional staff, as well as over 30 specialist tutors who teach courses over two semesters each year.
We are located on the Clayton campus of Monash University, Victoria, Australia.
Please Note: Monash Short Courses will be closed for the Easter Weekend from Friday 3rd of April and will re-open on Wednesday 8th of April
The Department of Professional Development is a newly established area at Monash Short Courses Centre, Monash University (Clayton).
We work closely with educational providers, government agencies, community groups and industry professionals to provide our students with the greatest training opportunities and vocational advantages.
We have a range of relevant industry and nationally recognised courses to meet your workplace needs. In addition we specialise in customised or tailored programs which can be built around a specific Training Needs Analysis.
Recent Audit Reports for Monash Short Courses Centre
Our courses are open to everyone. It is not necessary to be a Monash student or staff member.
Age restrictions may apply to some courses.
To enrol select a course via the courses navigation or the icons top right, then click enrol.
How to Enrol into Nationally Recognised Courses (Certificate & Diploma level)
1. Enrolment forms can be downloaded here: Enrolment Form or enquiries can be made through our office who will then send out an enrolment form.
2. Before you come in, make sure you have read and understood all the information in The Student Information Handbook (Downloaded here: studentinformationhandbook2014v22june102014) and in the course information booklet and ensure you meet the pre-requisites or other conditions of enrolment.
3. Complete enrolment form at home.
4. Create a USI (Unique Student Identifier) through www.usi.gov.au. Make sure you bring your USi number with you on enrolment.
4. To submit your enrolment, YOU need to bring it into Monash Short Courses Centre, Level 1, Room 159, Campus Centre, Monash University Clayton. NO enrolments will be accepted via email or post (This process will take up to 30mins, please allow time for this).
5. When you come into Monash Short Courses Centre, please bring ORIGINALS* of the following with you:
- Your completed enrolment form
- Driver License
- Medicare Card or,
- A current passport (Australian or New Zealand) or
- Birth Certificate or
- Naturalization certificate or
- Formal documentation issued by the Australian Department of Immigration and Citizenship confirming permanent residence or
- A signed declaration by a relevant referee
- Credit card Detail if you wish to make part payments
- Any relevant concession cards, pension cards etc.
6. While your enrolment is being processed you will be required to complete a pre-training review and language, literacy and numeracy assessment. This must be done in person and completed by you, any such assessments not completed in the presence of a staff member will not be accepted.
7. Discuss government funding, concessions or payment plans with staff and make appropriate arrangements for the payment of fees.
Mon to Thu: 9am – 5pm | Friday: 9am – 3pm | Saturday: 10am – 12pm